Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Innocence

I have come to the realization that I feel much like a small child here. Nearly everything is relatively new and unfamiliar. I have to rely on others for many things, and I get really excited about the small stuff. There are so many new foods, drinks, smells, sights, sounds, etc. I remember when I was a child and first learned to read, I would read all of the signs and billboards as we passed them in the car. I find myself doing a similar thing here. I am constantly quizzing myself on the Chinese characters and words that I know and I seek approval from my friends and get very excited when I get something right. I am certainly unaccustomed to feeling so young and dependent but it is also fun to get so excited and mesmerized by such small things and to have the opportunity to experience new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment