It's hard to believe that I move to Taiwan in less than a month. I decided to go ahead and start my blog now before I get too busy. I hope that I will be good at blogging about my trip. It's a pretty crazy and exciting time in my life that I am sure I will want to look back on later. Plus, I want to keep my family and friends updated and this certainly makes it easier than explaining to everyone individually! haha.
Right now I have so many mixed emotions. When I think about leaving my friends and family in the US, I get sad and nervous and a little bit scared. When I think about going to Taiwan, I am so excited to see my friends there again and for the adventures that lie ahead of me. Fortunately, I know in my heart that this is a good decision for me and at a great time in my life. I have little to lose and so much to gain by traveling now and living in a different country and culture. I am sure there will be challenges and frustrations along the way--there have already been a few--but I know that the rewards will be large. Whenever I get sad about leaving I remind myself of all of that. I will be back stateside soon enough, and until then...thank God for internet and Skype!
P.S. my skype name is LaurenSue9
As I said, one day Ill forgive you for leaving! But I am so unbelievably proud of you for the year that you GAVE YOURSELF and for the step you are about to make! Have an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Caitlin