Sunday, July 17, 2011

Moving Out

Well I moved out of my Athens apartment yesterday. It was definitely a strange feeling. I was in Athens for 5 years and I lived in that apartment for 4 years. For much of those years, I couldn't wait to get out of Athens and move on to bigger and better things. I was not happy there. However, this past year has been unbelievable. I've made so many amazing friends, found a new passion (ballroom dancing), and finally was able to enjoy Athens and college in general...aside from homework and tests of course. So now that it's actually time to leave, it's very very difficult and sad. It's kind of a contradiction but I am glad that I feel this way. I am glad I finally developed a connection and attachment to Athens. This past year has been way more than anything I ever would have expected. I was determined to make my last year fun and great but I never expected anything even close to the experiences and fun I've had. It's certainly sad to leave but I wouldn't take anything back. Looking back, I actually couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your last year went well. Now on to the rest of your life. I'll be praying for your health, safety and general well-being. I hope you have wonderful experiences in Taiwan.

    Love,
    Brother

    ReplyDelete