Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 2

Hard to believe I have been here for more than a week! As a matter of fact, I didn't even notice it had been a week until Friday (I left last Wednesday). Let's see...I am starting to learn how to get around and do things by myself which is pretty liberating. I don't feel so dependent anymore. On Wednesday evening, I met up with my friend Cindy and we went to Subway. It was good! Basically the same. She ordered for me but I figured out that if I go there on my own and if the employees don't speak English, I can copy down the Chinese words for what I want, since the menu has pictures and translations and such. It's nice to know I have another comfortable option other than McDonalds or Burger King (where I can hold up a finger or two to tell what I want haha).

On Thursday I met up with Cindy and another NTSU student (who I had not met before) named Audi. He is a ballroom dancer and is going to help me find some classes and events and such! YAY! He is a cool guy in general too, like all of the NTSU students I know. The three of us ate at a Korean restaurant, which was quite delicious and then Audi showed us a fitness center near by. Then we went to a department store and bought French bread and went to a tea shop. I really enjoyed this day. I rode the MRT by myself to meet up with them so I felt very independent and then I really enjoyed their company.

On Friday, Cyndi (yes there are 2...Cyndi and Cindy) and I met up with her friend Jo and went to an exhibit called Body Worlds which is basically the same as the Bodies exhibit that has been in Atlanta for a couple years now. We went to lunch and hung out at the apartment after that and then met up with Cyndi's boyfriend and went to a hot pot restaurant. The guys sitting next to us were speaking in English so I started a conversation with them. One is from Austria and working at a bank here and the other is from Korea and is a student here. After hot pot we went to a night market nearby and then came home.

I didn't do much today, so I guess that is all! haha. Tomorrow I have lots of plans with a few friends that I have not gotten to hang out with yet so I am quite excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment